Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 1 Day 4 --Vegan MoFo

Ice Cream for breakfast...yes I'll have some.  As I've mentioned in my earlier post, I have been making smoothies for breakfast and I also said I hadn't tried adding ice to my concoctions but this morning I ran out of fresh fruit and reached for the frozen stuff.  I also added Vega Smoothie in Vanilla Almond.  This combo made for a great breakfast...ice cream...I mean smoothie.  Seriously though, I use unsweetened almond milk and don't add sugar.  The sweetener in Vega is stevia and the rest of the sweetness comes from what ever fruit I use.   I didn't feel any guilt drinking it down especially after another 5 mile run.   Did I tell you I have a streak going.  15 days of running.

Calorie breakdown

2 cups Unsweetened Almond milk - 80 cal
1.5 scoops Vega Smoothie mix - 138
1 cup frozen fruit (I used mango this morning) -90
1 teaspoon Udo's essential oil - 40

Total calories - 348

If your thinking about doing the whole protein shake thing I would recommend Vega.  




















For dinner, Pablo and I had burgers.  I found these new burgers made by Hilary's Eat Well at Whole Foods.  I'm always looking to try a new veggie burger.  I was very impressed with the texture, not mushy, not dry and the spices were just right. These burgers are made with whole millet, adzuki beans and quinoa.  I served these on whole wheat bread with vegenaise, pickles, super greens and tomato. Their website says you can even throw them into your toaster.  What an awesome idea. Quick, easy and wholesome.  Check them out!



Have a great night! 




No comments:

Post a Comment