Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's Taco Tuesday! But first comes breakfast and lunch.  I had my usual (lately) protein smoothie and a large salad.  I've been running a lot lately ... actually I have a streak going ... and a protein shake has just been so easy in the morning.  Plus with this heat it keeps me cool & keeps me from being extra tired.  No unnecessary energy expended on digesting.  Well anyway onward with breakfast.

Breakfast 
Strawberry Vanilla Banana Protein Smoothie (makes 1 shake)
1 scoop or packet of Vega Performance Protein in Vanilla flavor
1 cup of strawberries tops removed
1/2 banana
1 1/2 cup of almond milk

Throw it all in a high speed blender and blend away.

there are 3 cups of almond milk in blender since I was doubling the recipe




















I haven't tried ice yet since i don't normally like cold drinks but you can certainly add it.  I like Vega protein because it's a blend of pea, hemp and rice protein and the it's founder is a vegan athlete.

Lunch 
My lunch looked a lot like yesterdays only I added jicama for an extra crunch.

Pablo's Lunch
I made him a sandwich again with Tofurky and all the trimmings. See below pic below.

Smoked Tofurky on whole wheat with vegenaise, tomato, red onion, spinach and mustard 
It's Taco Time

Dinner

So easy you don't need a recipe and was it ready in twenty minutes. For the meat substitute I used Sweet Earth Chipotle Style Seitan. First, I sautéed some mushrooms in a little oil then added the seitan.



As a side dish I microwaved Trader Joe's rosemary baby potatoes (below).

 I also made two quick dressings or spreads for the tacos (pictures above).  Both were made with veganaise as a base.  One with smokey paprika and cayenne pepper and the second with fresh pressed garlic and both went well with the seitan.

Taco toppings: purple onion, tomato, super greens
                                                 

tortillas


I don't have any pictures of a taco all ready to eat because I was to busy eating.
Thanks for reading,

 Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment